Welcome to Nerds Geeks & Dweebs

Please read these. You can reply to announcements but not post new ones.
Mike
Site Admin

Welcome to Nerds Geeks & Dweebs

Post by Mike »

Hi and welcome to the site and especially the forums. The About Us page on the main site gives a good description of what this site is all about. But I'll summarize it here anyway.

This site is all about discussing things intellectual like math, history, computers, and science. But this is also the place to talk about non-intellectual things like music and books. And then there's the section devoted to regular chit chat.

I got the idea for this site from Mensa. The last time I checked out their site they didn't really tell you what you could do as a member until you become one, at a yearly membership fee no less. But they did tout that you can talk about all sorts of things from chocolate to movies. Heck, I know lots of places where you can do that for free. So I decided to make a site where we could do that, and you don't need a Mensa-level IQ to join.

The name Nerds Geeks & Dweebs pokes a little fun at us. Hopefully we've outgrown that social awkwardness that marked us as one or the other. But also hopefully we've kept our interest in the same things we liked back in the day. This place celebrates not only our intellectual pursuits but our other interests as well.

So kick back and enjoy taking with the folks here. You need to register to post here but not to read these forums. If you have any ideas for the site or forums, or have a comment about either, let me know. I'm looking to grow this site to meet the needs of the members.
In school they called me "nerd". Today they call me "boss".
-- Me